Now that school has ended for the year, the summer can really begin. The beauty of being Canadian is that we get to start things off right, with a birthday celebration! Canada Day is July 1st and this year, 2016, marks the big 149th birthday for our home and native land! There are so many things to do all across the country, to mark this wonderful day, but I thought we would check out the local stuff this time around. There are lots of festivals, markets, shows and of course, fireworks, in pretty much every big city, but let’s see what the smaller towns are up to. This year, why not check out Brampton, Ontario?
The city has planned some wonderful events, kicking off on Friday, July 1st at noon in Chinguacousy Park! The plan is to use the over 80 acres in the park and cover them with live performances, fun inflatable amusement park like attractions and of course, fireworks! The City of Brampton expects to host over 100,000 of it’s residents at this year’s festivities. Keep in mind that there is limited parking space available, but all day long party goers can enjoy using Brampton Transit Shuttle Service for free!! Don’t forget to pack hats, sunscreen and wear comfy shoes so you don’t miss out on a thing. Oh, bring your camera too!
Event Highlights include:
- Family fun activities
- Splash pad, inflatables Kids Zone (sponsored by Tim Hortons), mini putt, petting zoo and paddle boats
- Live performances by internationally recognized artists, local community artists, children’s entertainers and local buskers
- And much more!
Shane Harte will also be performing at 7:30 pm. Shane, a Brampton native, is an actor and performer who appeared in the Hallmark Channel’s original series Good Witch, and starred in the popular Family Channel’s series The Next Step. His debut album is slated for release later this year.
July Talk will headline the Canada Day celebrations at Chinguacousy Park on July 1, 2016, in the evening. As part of an exciting program of entertainment from noon to 10 pm, the Juno award-winning band will hit the Main Stage at 8:30 pm.
The Toronto-based five-piece, known for their sleek yet gritty brand of alt-bluesy garage rock, have toured alongside Billy Talent, Matt Mays, Sam Roberts, Weezer, Matthew Good Band and Tegan and Sara and more. They have spent the past year working hard on their sophomore album, which is to be released this summer.
Keep checking back for more event details and updates!
- Programs and artists subject to change without notice
- This project is supported in part by the Celebrate Canada Program at Canadian Heritage
- There is limited parking available on site. FREE Brampton Transit Shuttle Service all day!
- For schedule and shuttle locations, visit www.bramptontransit.com
- Please note there will be limited accessible parking permits available
- Area road closures will be in effect throughout the day. For complete event details visit www.brampton.ca
Will you be taking in the Canada Day festivities in a local town or city near you? Happy Canada Day!
**To enter some Canadian friendly giveaways visit this page here!
**Please note this is a non-sponsored post. Information was verified through the Brampton website.