With summer in full swing I bet you’re thinking about what to do with the family this weekend, right? How about a road trip! Growing up my family always drove from Ontario to Nova Scotia every summer and we camped along the way. It was the perfect way to enjoy the great outdoors and beautiful weather, while providing an opportunity to see parts of Canada we had only read about in our Geography textbooks. I loved spending my summer vacation this way and to this day, I miss many aspects of those trips.
The nice thing about a road trip is that it can be whatever you want it to be. There is no minimum number of nights required to get a discount for a hotel or even a maximum number of days you can be traveling so you don’t miss out on an extra theme park day. A road trip is something you create and can be as short as a day or as long as you want! Just put together a bag and go!
Not sure where you want to go? Here are three great adventures to get your mind wandering and maybe inspire your next trip: Tofina, Muskoka and Quebec City. Not sure what each has to offer? Read more below!
1) Tofino, British Columbia. Looking for something truly picturesque? Head to Canada’s surf capital – Tofino. Get your family on a ferry from Vancouver to Nanaimo and drive along the Pacific Rim Highway for a truly breathtaking view of mountains and lakes, along with a rainforest. The area is also known for its trees, which grow in spectacular sizes. Some trees are believed to be 1000 years old. Make sure you have your camera ready!
2) Muskoka, Ontario. Truly the quintessential summer escape from the big city, you’ll practically feel the stress lifting as you start driving into cottage country. There are several scenic route options, dotted with great ice cream parlours along the way, which all lead to good times ahead. Whether you stay for the day or rent a cottage, you’ll want to make sure you stop at Webers in Orillia, a Canadian burger landmark since 1963. I can remember stopping there almost every Friday night as we headed to our trailer. ♥
3) Quebec City, Quebec. Whatever direction you’re coming in from, stop in a few francophone villages on your way into the old city to soak up the culture, food and French! Making your way through the beautiful and lush countryside, you’ll be thrilled to arrive at your final destination: old Quebec City, a place full of history, architecture, cobble stone streets, endless charm and the best crepes you have ever had! There is a reason why school kids typically make the journey to Quebec City in Grade Eight – it’s one of the jewels of Canada!
Like any adventure, you will need to prepare a bit first, especially when kids are involved. Make sure to pack things like a GPS system, snacks, sunscreen and bug spray, first aid supplies and good music and let the good times begin! You will inevitably hear “are we there yet?” at least once or twice, but I am betting there will be lots more of “wow, this is amazing!”
To get you ready for your family adventure this summer, here are some very practical products to put in your travel toolkit.
- GRAVOL™ Natural Source™ Ginger Lozenges – curb motion sickness for you and your kids (over the age of six) with these chewable lozenges – convenient, portable and no water required! GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are a great option for your little ones two years and over! (GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables are not included in giveaway).
- OxiClean™ Foam Pretreat – spills and stains are bound to happen on road trips, treat them the day they happen and then throw the item in the wash a few days later when you make it to your destination!
- ORAJEL™ Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste 119g, in either Super Mario™ or The Ultimate Spider-ManTM or My Little Pony™ – with road trips come snacks and fast food so ensuring your little ones are brushing is of the upmost importance.
- Vitafusion™ Women’s and Men’s Complete Multivitamins – are geared towards providing essential nutrients specifically needed by men and women to maintain their health, in a tasty gummy that you can take without water, perfect for on-the-go!
Our friends at Church and Dwight want to help you have a great road trip with your family this summer by giving one lucky reader a prize pack that includes all the awesome products listed above (except for GRAVOLTM Kids Quick Dissolve Chewables). To be eligible to win just complete the Rafflecopter below with your qualifying answers. This giveaway is open to residents of Canada, ages 18 and older. Make sure you read our giveaway policies before entering please. This giveaway ends on August 10th at 11:59pm. Remember, the more entries you complete the greater your chances are of winning!! Good luck!
What are some of your plans for the summer? Will you be taking a road trip? If so, where?
**For more fabulous prizes check out our Giveaways and Reviews page!!
**Disclosure: I am a 2016 Church & Dwight Ambassador and have been compensated for this post, however all opinions are my own.