Ask anyone I know and they will tell you I am not the crafty, make your own Christmas decorations sort of person. I do love the look of a beautifully adorned pine tree during the holidays or how a staircase can be transformed into a cascading waterfall of sparkling lights and glistening garland; I just can not seem to create those masterpieces myself. However, all is not lost on this gal. Martha Stewart I am not, but I do have a trick or two up my sleeve and I would love to share them with you! Take a look at my Do It Yourself Christmas Decorations!
You are not hearing things and no, you do not need glasses. This time of year you often hear about a certain bird in said tree, but it is time to make some room up in the branches for Troy Townsin’s newest book, “A Moose In A Maple Tree.” This engaging story is the “original all Canadian 12 Days of Christmas” and you will love it! Troy, who is himself originally from down under ( aka Australia ) is now a proud Canadian and he shows it well in this delightful children’s book. Canucks all over this whole wide world will relate well to the hockey sticks, totem poles and mounties. I am in love with the winsome illustrations by Jennifer Harrington. They leap off the page in an unobtrusive way and only add depth to the renewed song of Christmases past.
Christmas is almost upon us and the holiday preparations have been in full swing for a couple of weeks now. Do you have all of your shopping done? Me neither, but I do have a sweet giveaway that might help you along. :-) MapleMouseMama has a wonderful friend and mentor in the awesome blog The Dragyn’s Lair hosted by the one and only @DragynAlly. Dana, the brains behind The Dragyn’s Lair, is generously offering up a great prize for a MapleMouseMama follower. That sweet prize is a Play-Doh set from the Sweet Shoppe called Flip n’ Frost Cookies!! Try and name one child you know that does not like messing around with Play-Doh. Can’t do it, huh? My son’s current favorite thing to make is Angry Birds and he is hoping Santa will bring him more colours so he can expand his aviary.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year for yet another fantastic giveaway!!! MapleMouseMama and Disney World Personal Shopper have teamed up with over 50 Disney blogs and Facebook pages to give away over $1000.00 in Disney World gift shop merchandise for our Second Annual “12 Days of Christmas Disney Giveaway”, running December 1st through December 12th!!! Can I get a whoot, whoot?!
There will be 14 different prizes given away to fourteen different winners on December 13th. For each option you complete on the Rafflecopter giveaway widget you will get 1 entry point. The more points you get, the better your chances are of winning!
Make sure to complete ALL of the entry options to maximize your chances. Please make sure to read the terms and conditions as well. Winners will be chosen randomly through Random.org through Rafflecopter, and notified by email. All winners will have 48 hours to claim their prize. If a winner has not contacted Amy at DWPS with their address within 48 hours a runner up will be chosen and notified, so check those emails December 13th through 15th!
You only need to complete the requirements once! Once this is done you’re entered for the entire giveaway, and all it’s prizes! *** ENTER HERE *** to get to the Rafflecopter Widget and Good Luck!!
To see photos of all of these amazing prizes up for grabs in the “12 Days of Christmas Disney Giveaway” have a look see here!!
Thank you to Amy at Disney World Personal Shopper for hosting this wonderful giveaway. See below for a list of the great Disney bloggers that are a part of this opportunity:
• Beauty In The Mess
• Bitty Beanies
• Breezy Beachy Clean
• Brianna Hill – Off to Neverland Travel
• Daily Disney Photos
• Denise Lang, Travel Planner, Ears To You Travel
• Disney Outlet Shopping Online
• Disney Pins $1.15 + Up
• Disney World Personal Shopper
• Fairy Tale Outfitters
• Happily Ever Hatter
• Happy Thoughts Tina
• Harvester Products
• Heather Walker MouseHunters Travel
• Home is Where the Mouse Is
• Imaginations Vacations by Katherine at Enchanted Ears Travel
• Karen Herman Mouse Tales Travel
• Katie Covington – Magical Vacation Planner, MouseHunters Travel
• Keys To The Magic Travel
• Kristin’s Pixie Vacations
• Laura Slawter – Disney Travel Consultant on FB
• Magic Ears Travel by Jennifer
• Magic of Mickey Travel – Vicky Drakopoulos
• Magical Adventures with Rachel
• Magical Dream Vacations By Kayla
• Magical Memories Travel by Patricia Mickus
• Magical Moments Vacations by Ashley Ebey
• Magical Mouse Vacations by Stacy
• Maple Mouse Mama
• Martha Nichols, Disney Travel Consultant
• Melissa Cady- Key to the World Travel
• Mickey Adventures by Christina Moore
• Mickey World Travel Colleen Mackiewicz
• Mickey’s Garden Villa
• Micki Stuart – Travel Consultant
• Missy’s Disney Pins
• MouseHunters Travel ~ Michele Freeman
• MouseHunters Travel Valorie & Stephanie
• My Chihuahua Life
• My Disney Life
• Personal Disneyland Shopper
• Picturing Disney
• Pixie Vacations
• Sheila Nowell, Free Magical Vacation Planner
• Snowblade Creations
• Stephanie at pure Magic Vacations
• Stephanie Stasiak-Disney Destinations Specialist
• Storybrooke Villas
• Tabitha Candebat – Agent with Destinations in Florida
• Terrie Collins with Magical Memories Travel
• The Adult Side of Disney
• Theme Parks Done the Grown Up Way
• Tips From the Disney Diva
• Tleshia Farrar – Your Tastefully Simple Consultant
• Travel Deals by Dana for Disney Deals
• Travel Time With Mickey ~ Heather
• Unforgettable Destinations
• Walt Life
• Your Magical Vacations - A Destinations in Florida Agent; Jennifer Hardy
Thank you for participating and Good Luck!!
• This giveaway promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
• You, the participant are providing information to [Disney World Personal Shopper] and not to Facebook.
Christmas is probably the time of year kids look forward to most. There are the lists to make, the trees to trim, the cookies to bake (and eat) and all that shopping. The next thing you know, it’s over. As a parent every year I find myself wishing there was a way I could slow the holidays down a little bit so I could savor every moment with my family. This year I have found the answer. MapleMouseMama was given the opportunity to check out the 25 Days of Christmas activity from Simply Fun Families, a lovely eStore founded by mompreneur Karen.
Whether you have children or not, attending your town’s Santa Claus Parade is a must. The parade officially kicks off the Christmas season for us and we like to make an event of it! The City of Brampton hosts their parade at night, which is just a little bit better then a day time one. Trust me.
There are a few things you need to do when preparing for an evening Santa Claus Parade. Well, actually the preparations are the same as a daytime event, but there is something exciting about heading to the streets at night. My daughter says it is like getting to do something forbidden. So this past weekend I packed up the family and we were off to see Santa! We have been attending this nighttime spectacular for many years now so I thought it was time to share my parade prowess. This is what my checklist includes:
- Bring hot chocolate. A full thermos is ideal complete with insulated cups to sip from. It just sets the mood (and keeps your hands warm), but don’t pack too much unless you love to hang out in a Port A Potty. Don’t forget marshmallows for the hot chocolate. The mini ones will keep the kids entertained if nothing else and let’s face it, they just make hot chocolate taste better.
- Snacks, and a variety at that. We always have a peanut/tree nut free snack bag with us, but bring extras for the wait before the parade starts. See #1 re keeping the kids entertained. Our parade always has vendors selling hot popcorn and cotton candy and while I support local entrepreneurs, $5 for not-so-hot popcorn is a bit of a reach. Then multiply it by the number of kids you have.
- Camp chairs, the kind that fold up into a bag. I think these were the greatest invention ever and we use them for everything from the beach to the backyard, from soccer practice to parade viewing. Smart, easy to carry and they really help you keep the coveted spot on the curb you staked out for two hours before the parade starts.
- Blankets! You can add in hats, mitts and even snow pants for the kids if it keeps them warm. We have watched many a nighttime parade in both rain and snow and I never regret the extra baggage those items feel like at first. We were even able to do a good deed this year by sharing an extra blanket with a freezing young newcomer to town. That’s what Christmas is all about.
- Your camera, some Santa hats and a cheerful disposition. The first two are obvious and trust me, the last one will come in handy after the first ten people try to get in front of your prized place on the curb.
- An honorary mention goes to Letters to Santa, if your parade volunteers collect them and some canned goods for the local food bank.
Attending the annual Santa Claus Parade, with the beautiful lights, creative floats, wonderful music (at what other time can you just enjoy listening to bagpipes) and excited children is a magical way to start the holiday season. This Christmas tradition will afford you many wonderful memories for years to come. It also means you can officially start to wish people, “Merry Christmas!“
Do you attend your local Santa Claus Parade? Is it the traditional daytime delight or more moonlit merriment version?
Author’s Note: this post can also be viewed on the Parent Tested Parent Approved website..
It is the most wonderful time of the year folks and you know what that means: shopping! To help you with your Christmas list MapleMouseMama has teamed up with @TheDragynsLair and friends to give you the chance to win a $100 Disney Gift Card!! This incredible giveaway is open WORLD WIDE ( yes you read that correctly ) and it will run until December 11th. Please make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully.
Entering is easy! Just head to my MapleMouseMama Facebook page, click on the Giveaway tab and enter via the Rafflecopter widget. Good luck!!
DragynAlly has been really good this year and she’s sharing her wish list with the world in the “Dear Santa…Love Dragyn” holiday gift guide. Featuring over twenty giveaways from brands that are good for guys, dolls, adults and kids the Dragyn’s Lair is coming at you with fun and exciting products for all ages! Products from the likes of Safari Ltd, May Designs, and Playmates Toys.
Starting today you can have the chance to win books, toys and personalized gifts. There’s even a resort stay at the Valley Forge Hotel and Casino. A fan of more “grown-up” fare? Then you can win a gift certificate to go towards a bottle from Plagido’s Winery or a cool product from Curvy Bride NJ. From now until December 11th you can enter to win these great products and even a giftcard for $100!
DragynAlly wants to help you find the hottest, coolest, and sexiest gifts for the holidaze season in time to make your shopping list before Black Friday even rolls around. Now you’ll know what to ask Santa for this year or have the perfect idea for a gift to make a special someone’s wish come true! So come on over to the Dragyn’s Lair to see all the fun!
What is on your Christmas wish list this year??
Ever since the dawn of the DVD player I have watched a lot more movies…. in my car! Having this thing has it’s pros and it’s cons, but a definite pro for me is getting to watch, well actually getting to listen to my favorite Disney movies, over and over again. As the seasons change so does the movie and the one on instant replay right now is “Mickey’s Christmas Carol.” The length of the various shows are perfect for the drives we take, whether they are long or short. As certified Disney lovers we, I mean the kids, can pick up in the middle of a show at any time and they are still enthralled.
“Ring in the holidays with a new 30th Anniversary Special Edition of “Mickey’s Christmas Carol“. Disney’s timeless tale sparkles like never before on Blu-ray(TM) and Digital Copy, with fully-restored classic holiday shorts, plus all-new bonus features! Make the season merry as Mickey, Goofy, Donald and all their pals star in a heartwarming retelling of Dickens’ unforgettable holiday tale. Ebenezer Scrooge (Scrooge McDuck) is far too greedy to understand that Christmas is a time for kindness and generosity. But with the guidance of some wise ghosts (Goofy and Jiminy Cricket) and a bunch of new-found friends, Scrooge learns to embrace the spirit of the season. Share this wonderful holiday treat with the whole family.”
Make sure you check out “Disney Intermission” so you can sing some classic Christmas songs with Mickey and his friends, like ” We Wish You a Merry Christmas” and “Deck the Halls”.
Do your children watch movies in your vehicle? Do you find yourself following along?